5 Essential Digital Marketing Trends in 2018
Nowadays, more and more businesses are focusing and investing in digital marketing, since most of the target audience spend their time on digital media platforms. There is no doubt that using Digital Marketing will make your business rise up. We have searched and found the top 5 digital marketing trends of 2018 that will definitely grow your business.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63%, the number reported in a 2017 survey.
- 99% of those who already do use video, say they’ll continue to do so in 2018.
- 65% of those who don’t currently use video, say they plan to start in 2018.
As you can see video marketing is one of the most effective and profitable digital marketing tools. It can capture a wide audience while is progressing rapidly and reaching new heights (135% greater organic reach than photo posts). This is because people share emotions, and videos with storytelling and emotions (entertainment) are more likely to be shared.
- Boost conversions and sales
- Increase traffic, engagement and brand awareness
- Shows great ROI
- Builds trust (Creates customers’ experience since videos can explain everything)
- Helps your site’s SEO (when it consists high-quality content with strong description shared on social media platforms)
- Appears to mobile Users (most customers watch videos on their mobiles)
According to the experts’ predictions, 2018 will be the year of chatbots. A bot is a computer program powered by artificial intelligence that automates certain tasks. With live chats, customers can receive immediate responses from bots to their questions and comments.
- Boost engagement and Customer service issues
- Deals with businesses and interact with other bots (complete common tasks and goals)
- Save money to businesses
- Improve online customer service and interactions
- 94% of businesses have invested in advertising on Facebook
- 67% of businesses intend to increase their social media advertising budget in 2018.
You might increase your costs but the results you will get are absolutely worth for your investment.
- Brand awareness and sales
- Reach potential customers (based on demographics, location, behaviors, interests, etc.)
- Increase website traffic from customers conversions
- Measure your metrics through Facebook Insights (weekly reach, page likes, post engagement, etc.).
60% of consumers say that UGC is the most authentic form of content.
Half of the adults under the age of 50 regularly check on online reviews (opinions, comments) before purchasing an item. A positive review can make their decision easier, thus, adding testimonials and reviews to your website or social media channel can improve trust and results in conversions, boost sales as well as increase dwell time (time spending on a website which becomes an important SEO metric).
Finally, brands should be encouraged to use more interactive forms (quizzes, polls, online catalogs and videos, leave a comment) in their digital marketing strategy in order to make users involved with your content. Getting involved means making your audience participate in your content and deliver them a unique user experience of your brand. This will result in brand differentiation, better customer engagement, and higher conversion rates.
The trick is to move on new trends by acting fast and implementing strategies with confidence.
Following the latest Digital Marketing trends shows that you care about your customers and their expectations from you. Therefore, companies that aim to get better and make the difference are more attracted to consumers.